Our Talent Show was a success! We were able to raise money to offset some of the costs for our upcoming trip to Guatemala while providing a fun Friday evening for all who attended. We were graced by the musical talents of
- Joe and Tara Acker
- Mina Liang
- Kenneth Wang
- Chandler Atkinson and Heather Smokler
- Taylor Middleton
- Ask Why
- Adriana Pitantedosi
- The Atkinson Office Rappers
- Rollin Atkinson
Musicians weren’t the only ones to take the stage, these dancers and gymnasts all wowed us with their moves
- Isabela Rivera
- Cassandra Moss
- Naima Bodhi and Piper Fable
- The Pineapple Dance Company
- Irish Step Dancers
There were some brave souls who led the audiences in their talents
- Zulma Rivera encouraged us all to do a Zumba Demo
- Ruth Hooke led us in a performance of “If You’re Happy and You Know It”.
Providing comic relief were
- Steve Atkinson performed a skit called ‘Le Poisson’
- Hannah Abbott entertained us with some stories about driving we could all relate to.
Not all talents were quite the same
- Jessica Brown demonstrated a Kata from the Isshin Ryu Style of Karate.
- Gale Hull, a representative from Partners in Development, was there to share what we would be doing in Guatemala and how all the donations would be used. Her presentation truly showed what the evening was all about and how donations would help us in our efforts to bring clean water practices and provide medical care to the people in Guatemala.
The Performers were not the only ones bringing in donations. We sold hand crafted wood items made by our very own office manager Tom Ptaszkiewicz,as well as party lite items from Sara Nied, our biller, and toys from Linda Hegarty, our receptionist. No one went hungry thanks to generous donations of pizza, salads, and rolls from Primo too, Bertuccis, Alpha, and Antonios. Dr Kate provided drinks and Katie Croke, Jessica Brown, Karen Smith, and Mary Nied all donated delicious baked goods for dessert.
Thank you to everyone who came to the show, performed, and donated. Without you the night would not have been as wonderful as it was.